WSOC-TV in Charlotte, NC, offers a test from Bryan Robinson, author of Chained to the Desk (Second Edition): A Guidebook for Workaholics, Their Partners and Children, and the Clinicians Who Treat Them.
- I prefer to do most things rather than ask for help.
- I get impatient when I have to wait for someone else or when something takes too long.
- I seem to be in a hurry and racing against the clock.
- I get irritated when I am interrupted while I am in the middle of something.
- I stay busy and keep many irons in the fire.
- I find myself doing two or three things at one time, such as eating lunch and writing a memo while talking on the telephone.