Another intern under fire! Today, meet Brittani from marketing. Happy Friday, y’all!
- Name and role at the Press: Brittani Hilles, Marketing and Publicity Assistant
- Major/minor/year at NYU: American and British Literature, 2014
- Hobbies?: I’m a huge literature nerd! I also love to ride horses when I go back home to Colorado.
- How did you hear about this internship and why did you decide to intern with NYU Press?: I really wanted to get into publishing and saw NYU Press on NYU CareerNet. The academic side of publishing is so interesting and offers material that’s different from what I usually read.
- What are you most excited about doing during your summer with NYU Press?: I love the marketing side of the Press, from research and planning to awards submissions.
- Subject area NYU Press publishes in that most interests you: My favorite books are the ones dealing with law and history, but I really like anything that sounds fascinating.
- Favorite thing about NYC (or, favorite New York moment): My favorite place in New York is Bryant Park, especially during Christmas time or summer. I love bringing a book there and reading while listening to the piano or watching classic movies there on Monday nights. During the school year, I like to study in the Public Library. It’s beyond beautiful! I’m also in love with St. Marks Bookshop. It’s open until midnight, and they have such a great collection of books!
- Any advice for surviving summer in the city, or must-do recommendations?: There are so many great free concerts and movies around the city in the summer, I take advantage of those whenever possible. For a quick day trip, Rockaway Beach is awesome and the fish tacos there are fantastic. To stay cool, the Film Forum shows great older movies that are fun to attend!
- Favorite summer vacation: The summer before my senior year of high school, I went with Stanford University to London to take a class in British Literature. I had such a fun time in London, but I prefer the energy in NYC!