This month, we’re giving our interns the spotlight. From editorial to production to marketing, these students are along every step of the way. And, over the next couple of weeks, they’ll tell us about their roles at NYU Press and clue us in on their favorite New York things. Here, meet our high-spirited marketing intern, Katrina.
- Major/minor/year at NYU: Film and Television, 2014
- Any previous internships you’d like to note?: I interned briefly at Shout It Out Loud Music, a production/design company for advertising, television, film and interactive. Now, in addition to NYU Press, I am interning at Submarine Entertainment, a film sales and production company.
- How did you hear about this internship and why did you decide to intern with NYU Press?: I heard about the NYU Press internship through the NYU Wasserman website; it seemed like a great opportunity to learn more about the process of a publishing company and how to publicize books/topics.
- What are you most excited about doing/learning during your summer with NYU Press?: I’m excited to read new books and strengthen my graphic design skills!
- Subject area NYU Press publishes in that most interests you:
I’m especially interested in media/cultural studies, anthropology, psychology, and books about New York City.
- Favorite thing about NYC:
All of the unique cheap eats and the restless energy.
- What are you looking forward to the most in New York this summer?:
This is my first summer in the city! I’m excited for films projected in the park, rooftop gatherings, seeing all my friends’ apartments, and learning to navigate around the city better.
- Favorite summer vacation:
Last summer I went to San Francisco to visit my good friend; we drove around the city and up the huge hills, went biking, went to the beach… Coming from the East Coast (I’m from New Hampshire), I loved going to the other side of the country and enjoyed the differences. Now I understand why my friend is so torn between San Francisco and New York!